Just click the link above to download and print unlimited copies of my simple daily planner. This method of scheduling my day is making a huge impact on my business and my life. I'm so glad to share it with you.
Can you put a price tag or a value on your company's website?
Have you determined how much revenue or new customers your web presence generates? Does it produce any? It can and it should.
Back in the late 90's, I knew it was possible to leverage the power of the web to get new customers and make real sales. It took many years and probably tens of thousands of dollars to figure it out. But now the rewards flow in daily.
In fact, my online marketing represents a tangible asset...something I can make money with continually or sell for a substantial profit.
Now that the online presence for my business produces a real, consistent, predictable income and continual flow of customers, I've been able to start my new business-helping other business owners get more results online. (yes, faster and cheaper than it took me to do it)
I'm finding very few have any real enthusiasm for marketing their business online. I have a feeling it's either because they've already tried and failed, OR they just think their business is different and it's not possible for them.
I wrote an article entitled "Your Best Employee At 34 Cents An Hour" in this month's edition of our newsletter (Modern Advertising & Marketing Advantage) which is sent out via direct mail. It talks about how your website could be and should be your highly valued 24/7/365 sales force.
My website along with the rest of the marketing I do online is like the goose that lays the golden eggs. It has changed my business and changed my life. I wonder why more business owners don't invest more effort in making this happen when it's happening for others everywhere.
To register for an upcoming seminar, webinar or workshop, go to http://affordableonlinemarketingsystems.com/event_schedule.html
When I hear some of my clients tell me, "this is the best thing I've ever done for my business", or "I can honestly say I make at least $300 extra every week now", it's an absolute thrill for me. The marketing technology online is still very new and most businesses just don't do it well. That means there's still great opportunity for you to leverage the web to get more customer and make more money.
Website owners, this is an important search engine optimization lesson I think you should want to know. It's called Domain Authority.
Domain authority can be described as the value your domain name (your website address) holds in the eyes of the search engines.
The main goal of the search engines is to provide the best search results for every query. To do that, lots of criteria are taken into consideration. Domain Authority is one major factor.
3 major criteria determine domain authority:
1. The age of the domain name, meaning how long it has been registered holds much weight. Lots of people with good intentions purchase domain names and either never build a website on them or otherwise fail at their original idea and shut it down. So search engines consider longevity of a domain a factor in its rankings.
2. The size of your website: Adding new information to your website is also a contributor to Domain Authority. The search engines favor a site in motion and especially GROWTH. This is easily accomplished with the addition of regular blog posts on your website.
3. The other most important element is the site's popularity also known as TRAFFIC. Driving traffic to your website and also KEEPING them there for some time boosts your search engine rankings. Your website becomes more relevant to searches. Your domain authority increases. Here's are ways to drive traffic to your site.
Drive traffic to your site with your emails. If you're a local business, for example, and you send promotional offers via email, resist making your offer in the email but rather drive them to the website for the full details. Use social media to alert your friends and fans about an offer on your website and link to it on your post.
One of the best ways to keep people on your website is to provide video. The average website visit is under a minute. If you can engage people with 2-3 minute videos, it's significant. If you can keep people on your site longer than others in your market, you website could have a Domain Authority advantage.
3 Ways To Get Your Prospects’ Attention Without Being A Nag:
Attention Business and/or Sales Professional;
Someone shared this little piece of advice with me recently and it’s made a dramatic impact on my approach to sales, my attitude and my business.
I have been a business owner for 27 years, a student of the sales process, personal development, writing, and internet marketing.
I imagine this simple concept has been around for quite some time. If you’ve heard it before, I hope you’re using it. If not, I hope it becomes a breakthrough for you as it has for me.
My motives for sharing this with you:
1. It’s good Karma. I share something worthwhile, especially with worthwhile people and good things are bound to happen.
2. The more I share, the more I learn. (plus, it keeps me on my toes)
3. You and I probably share some similar types of clients and a good relationship between us could be beneficial.
Introducing: The 3 i’s
How do you follow up with a prospect? When you use one of the 3 i’s, you’re going to look a heck of a lot better than someone who calls who says, “I’m just following up on our previous…” When you use a phrase like that, you’re coming at your prospect with your own self-interest in mind. And it shows.
Today we understand sales is about relationships. Do Not Call your prospect back until and unless it is to
• Introduce him/her to an important or influential person
• Deliver information you sincerely believe is valuable
• Invite to an event he/she would find enjoyable or fruitful
Want to be a welcome guest rather than an unwelcome pest?
Imagine how much easier it will be to get through the gatekeeper by avoiding the same old droning-“I’m calling to follow up with…” with something juicy like,
- “I want to introduce him to a friend and author” or
- “I’m calling to see if he would join our luncheon where we have a guest speaker on the subject of…” or
- "I just read this very interesting e-book and this has much to do with your current situation".
Think you would add more value to the business relationship? Think this approach will most likely transcend terms and price?
I believe the 3 i’s make a solid foundation for a great salesperson. I would love your feedback!
I'm Andrew Mazer,
Business owner, Author, and Internet Marketing Expert
I write and share ideas you can use to improve your business and your life. You will even find worthwhile material for your 3 i's follow-up strategy.
Subscribe to receive these briefs:
Andrew Mazer is the creator of
moderncoupon.com, Internet Gravity Wheel(servicemark), and architect of
The 3 Cornerstones Of A Rock-Solid Online Presence
This is a resource for small business owners to acquire practical marketing techniques.
We help small business owners apply fundamental internet marketing strategies to help them get new customers and make more money even if they never want to turn on their computer.
All good things, be it they buildings, athletics, music; everything with lasting value has been built on a strong foundation. A set of fundamentals is essential for all good performance.
This same philosophy holds true for internet marketing. The biggest reason most websites and internet marketing efforts fail to perform to their owners' expectations is they lack in pure fundamentals. This is because most website developers, while they know how to create and launch a website, don't have the first idea of business or marketing. Business owners just expect their webmaster to provide a complete and worthy serve. The fact is though, these people are generally not trained in internet marketing.
Business owners are left high and dry, disillusioned and disappointed about their online marketing investment. This video sheds light on the 3 Online Marketing Fundamentals we call The 3 Cornerstones Of A Rock-Solid Online Presence.
1. A Massive Online Footprint 2. A Good Website 3. A Conversion Device
We help small business owners apply online marketing techniques so they can get new customers and make more money even if they never want to turn on a computer.
In the final days of 2012, we're compelled to think about and list our goals, intentions, resolutions for next year.
Here are 3 simple ideas on how to help you make your goals become reality for your better life and business:
1. Structure Your Goals As Promises: This is an idea I just recently learned and it makes so much sense. One of the biggest reasons we fail to meet some of our goals is because we set them too high. Although it's important that your goals should stretch and pull you, setting them too high can set you up for failure. Your goals must be believable for them to act as a magnet to pull you.
Example: Many of us will set a goal to double our income. This is a nice "wish" but it's very rare when a doubling of income becomes reality. On the other hand, a 20% increase is something you can promise yourself to plan, work toward every day, and achieve.
2. Create A Monthly Accountability Plan (M.A.P.): After listing your major 1-year goals, list all the activities you envision to be required to make them come true. These are the short-term goals you need to achieve to reach your one-year goals. Dedicate one sheet of paper for your January M.A.P. Plan each day to include activities which tackle some aspect of your January Accountability Plan. Repeat this for every month.
3. Think: The mind attracts into your life what you think about most of the time. Give yourself the gift of silence for a few minutes each day. First to clear and calm your mind, then to think about your goals, plans and what you really want to manifest in your life. Turn off the music, the TV, the computer for a while. Eliminate negative, angry and anxious thoughts.
One of the biggest shortcomings of the majority of people is that they don't have a clear vision of what they really want. Decide what YOU want. Don't fear or have guilt for wanting material things.
Want to list more properties? Here's a few tips on how to leverage the power of the web to give YOU greater visibility and land more listings.
There are only so many positions on page 1 search engine results...unless you use some "outside-the-box" thinking.
Lets say you're a Real Estate Agent in New Jersey. Who knows, maybe you're one of 120,000 real estate agents (maybe more). But you're one of 40,000 in South Jersey. We'll your chances of having your personal website show up in search results is super-slim, to say the least.
But you don't care because you're a real estate agent in Camden County in South Jersey. Now, your competition for online visibility has diminished drastically. But because there's still about 7000 real estate agents in Camden County, it'll still be a minor miracle to get high search engine results.
But that's OK because you would rather get home listings in Cherry Hill or Haddonfield.
I don't know the actual number of real estate agents there are in Cherry Hill and Haddonfield but it's not that many. You CAN get first page search results and land new clients and new listings.
There WILL almost invariable be competition for organic (free search results-not pay-per-click) BUT, seldom are all the spots on page one occupied for good reason.
Fortunately for you, very few real estate agents have good websites. They usually don't have search engine-friendly websites either. They're just on page one by luck. With a handful of smart online marketing methods including:
- Search engine optimization
- Directory Marketing
YOU can be a fixture on page one local searches for real estate agents in your town.
Tap in to the wildly-popular world of online coupons.
Every day people go online looking for online coupons for just about anything.
Boost Business-Grow Your List!
Contests are a great way to get involved with your client base and Halloween is one easy topic.
- Photo contests
- Costume contests
- Pet costume contests
- Pumpkin decorating contests are just a few ideas to base a contest on.
Having people submit their entries and include their phone, address, and email now gives you license to reach out and contact them when they win (or even if they DON'T win) the contest.
Every contestant can be a winner (or runner -up) and be required to visit you again to redeem the prize.
- Here's a few more ideas for contests which get people to give up their contact info: Predict the Eagles Game score or the Monday Night Football game score
- Predict the Presidential Election results
- Most interesting stuffing recipe
- The Good Old Fishbowl for business cards
By developing more ways to get your existing customers back through your doors more often, you will build a continuingly more valuable business.
I just got finished watching an absurd video message about how marketing a retail business with coupons is a mistake. I say this is absurd for a number of reasons.
- Statistics prove: people who use coupons are more educated and higher-income earners. These are people you WANT to attract as customers.
- Statistic prove: people who use coupons are more likely to spend more money per transaction than non-coupon users. So you often make up in sales volume what you give away in discount.
- Statistics prove: coupon improve customer frequency. Would you give a customer a discount if they frequented your business often? You probably would if they were to ask for it. So why NOT give them a coupon?
- Strategic coupons open more possibilities. When you create your coupons strategically, you can reward new clients, reward existing clients, increase the size of sale, get people to try new products, liquidate end-of season stock, pre-sell seasonal stock, collect customer contact information.
- Online coupons leverage the power of social media: People LOVE to share money-saving information online. Your online coupons AND your marketing messages can reach thousands of people FREE through the power of social media sharing.
I could argue for the intelligent use of online coupon marketing all day. Just look at all the effort and money companies like Duncan Donuts, Papa Johns, Express, Macy's and even Coach handbags invest in coupon marketing.
I find it comical that these Mickey-Mouse marketing firms try to carve a niche by denouncing a tried and true method of marketing which has not only stood the test of time, but is growing exponentially.
The great recession combined with the great internet and social media expansion has fueled the online coupon method of marketing and THIS marketing expert says the trend will continue for a generation....at least.
I'm Andrew Mazer, the creator of moderncoupon.com.
moderncoupon.com is a local business marketing product created to benefit independent business owners and the customers they serve.
Learn more about the benefits of advertising your small business with us. Watch this video
Stand Out! Be Different!
OK, I understand your business isn't going to get millions of raving fans just because you run a special sale in October. But if you can get JUST A FEW people to talk about you, it's possible to bring in some extra customers and make some extra money.
While every other business, large and small is doing Halloween-theme or Autumn-theme promotions, YOU can do something different.
Why would you want to do something different?
- To stand out
- To be interesting
- To appeal to people in a way no one else is
- To be fun and have fun
- To get people to TALK about you which gets to visit your store, website or Facebook page.
Check out this HUGE list of interesting topics October is famous for. I'm certain you can wrap a message and a moderncoupon offer around at least ONE of these to make you and your business a topic of conversation.
Family History Month
National Pizza Month
National Clock Month
National Popcorn Popping Month
National Roller Skating Month
Adopt a Dog Month
Computer Learning Month
National Apple Month
National Car Care Month
National Pretzel Month
National Stamp Collecting Month
National AIDS Awareness Month
National Adopt a shelter pet Month
National Dessert Month
National Cosmetology Month
National Pickled Pepper Month
National Sarcastic Month
National Seafood Month
National Kitchen and Bath Month,
Vegetarian Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Polish History Month
Child Health Month
National Pasta Month
Nation Pork Month
National Cookie Month
Health Literacy Month
Diversity Awareness Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Depression Education & Awareness Month
National Crime Prevention Month
National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Clergy Appreciation Month
Eat Country Ham
Hunger Awareness Month
National Applejack Month
National Communicate with Your Kid Month
National Pharmacy Month
Do-It Yourself Month
National Dental Hygiene Month
National Orthodontic Month
Consumer Information Month
World Chocolate Awareness Month
American Magazine Month
Auto Battery Safety Month
Campaign for Healthier Babies Month
Christmas Seal Campaign Month
Country Music Month
Energy Awareness Month
Car Care Month
Fire Prevention Month
Hunger Awareness Month
SIDS Awareness Month
Spinal Health Month
Youth against Tobacco Month
Asthma Awareness Month
Auto Battery Safety Month
Eat Better, Eat Together Month
Family Health Month
Healthy Lung Month
International Microwave Month
Learning Disabilities Awareness Month
Month of the First Frost
National Caramel Month
National Collector's Month
National Cranberry Month
National Education Month
National Pumpkin Month
National Sausage Month
Safe America Month
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Awareness Month
Turn Over a New Leaf Month
Chevy Truck Month
American Girl Month
Brain Awareness Month