The main reason you want a website for your business is to
- Get discovered by prospective customers and…
- Get them to pick up the phone and call you
- Get them to buy something
- Get them to leave their contact information so you can engage them in a continuing marketing effort
Most website developers are NOT in the business of “marketing”. They may know how to make a website LOOK nice but they don’t necessarily know how to create the website to accomplish these 4 things.
- A website is a useless waste of money if no one ever sees it. It’s important that it’s built in a search engine-friendly way. You want to make sure you ask your website developer the specific tactics he or she has in mind to make your website search engine-friendly.
- So many websites have the business’ phone number buried behind a “Contact Us” tab or in tiny text at the bottom of the page. That’s a mistake. Make sure, especially if you’re business is a “local” business, to have your phone number in big and bold in the top right corner of every page of your website.
- People are looking for information online, NOT commercials. They’re trying to make a buying decision and the information you give them should be crafted in a way to be helpful AND to differentiate your business from other choices and other competitors’ sites they may be visiting. Solve their problems with your message. THAT’S how you get them to buy. (yes, even if you have a pizza shop)
- 5 years ago, it was common for people to enter their email address into opt-in boxes called “Join Our Mailing List”. Today, nobody wants excess emails. They don’t want to “join” mailing lists. To get people to give you their email address, you need to give them something in return for it. If you’re going to do email marketing, offer them a discount coupon or something free as a bonus for opting in to your list. Promise them your emails will always contain good information or discount opportunities. Only in this way will your list grow.
Our main business, until now has been to help business owners attract attention to their website and their business using online marketing strategies. But since most small business websites don’t address these fundamentals, we’ve added Affordable Function Websites to our list of services.
We build websites that work. We build them cheap. And we build them fast. Don’t hang on to your old and useless website if it’s not producing.
If your business doesn’t have a website OR if your current website doesn’t produce the income and customer stream you’d expected, we need to talk.
Call Toll-Free: 1-866-799-2825